I've been showing people these next three paintings and have gotten a mixed reaction. Most of my paintings and drawings are light and upbeat, and yet to be very real life has been a little trying the past month or so. I am learning what it looks like to stand with just God, to be able to trust Him for everything that I need, and to know that it's okay to step outside of the box as an artist, and also to be bold and place these emotions onto canvas so they can have a life outside of me rather then staying within my heart. Yes, there is a darkness in these paintings, but when I look at art, mine or others I see and understand something a little different. Painting for me is like placing words from my own journal, and putting color and life to them, but then something else has to take place, allowing others to view them. It's a time where your heart and deep emotions are being revealed by others, and so here below are three of my newest paintings...
"Stages of Anger"
Anger is a secondary emotion, so once you look under that anger there is something else hiding within, and this is a painting of the stages one takes to discover that is really being felt.
"My Fear"
Fear, it takes on many faces and each of us has something they are afraid of... spiders, sharks, being alone, the dark, loosing someone we love, the list can go on and one. The end result of this painting took on a totally different look then I had thought and yet I realized it was what I need to get out, my own personal fears.
"Enough"
As a women I seem to have this strange idea I have to look, act, be everything for everyone. Well in my life I have allowed others thoughts to create a reality for me. As I was painting this large painting it hit me, I am enough!!! I am one of God's daughter's, created in His image and therefore no matter what someone believes about me, I really am enough!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment