Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Earth Quakes in Reno?



Do I live in Washington or Nevada? I have now been through more earthquakes here in Reno then I ever felt in Washington. So as I have leaned we are on a fault, and it's been VERY active! In one day we had over 106 aftershocks after our biggest quake on Friday night (4.7). They have been telling everyone to be on high alert and to be prepared since all of this activity is not acting in normal 'Nevada' fashion. They believe we could get hit with a big one (6.1). So there is nothing like preparing for a disaster but not knowing if or when it will come.

So for now I will continue to live life and duck and over if the BIG one comes, praying for the best outcome possible. When I really stop and think about all this activity I see how powerful God really is! Now don't get me wrong, many people now a days think God's wrath is being poured out on cities who have forsaken Him, but I believe what is written in Romans 5:20-21, where sin increases, grace abounded all the more. I'm just saying what a crazy kind of power an earthquake has, but God, well He is so other then you and I and the power He holds is beyond anything I can really take in and when something like this takes place I have to stop and give glory to where glory is due.

No comments: