Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Good Fight



"The Good Fight" By: Manuel Nunez

I was going through the Art History site last night and this morning I remembered this artist I saw when I was in Kona, HI. There was a gallery in town and one day I went in to take a look. Mauel Nunez is the only artist I remember. His work was unlike anything I had seen before! The women he painted held strength, captivating beauty and an element of faith. The above picture "The Good Fight" remains my favorite piece. I think it brings the armor of God into a visual for me. Helping me remember that we are in a battle, not really fighting again flesh and blood, like it so often seems, but against the forces of darkness. God is mighty and His way perfect, and so in this storm of life that I seem to be in right now, I have to hold onto the truth God is my strength, my joy and my provider.

No comments: