
So about 6 years ago I was at Grace Church and God hooked me up with some pretty amazing girls! Stacey and I met when I first moved in with her family (I thought she hated me when I first met her) but we become very close several months later. About a year after I was here I met Meghan, we become friends in record time, it was like we had known each other all of our lives. Then came Melissa, she had moved from South Dakota and since I have family there I talked to her her first night at Bible study.
Somewhere along the way all four of us became friends, a bond that was strong and able to withstand all of life's changes: moves, boyfriend dramas, marriages, death, and babies. These girls are pretty darn amazing, so much beauty, strength, devotion, intelligence and faithfulness.

This past weekend Melissa flew out for yet another friend's wedding. I was planning on wearing black pants and a black shirt, but the night before the wedding the girls informed me that they both had black dresses and therefore I too needed to join in on the little black dress theme, to which Aaron reminded us how we were once the "gang" of girls who would walk into Bible study in slow motion, and "bad to the bone" was playing in the background and with an attitude of don't even think about talking to us, we would then sit in the back row of the church. Well even though we never heard that background music or intended to bring such an air of attitude, we were a pretty powerful group of girls! Anyway...so the next morning I was at Target at 8:27am trying to find a black dress. One hour later I was set! We enjoyed the day together, Stacey, Melissa and myself (we sent Meg a text since she was unable to join in on "girls in black gang" reunion). We laughed, ate some really good food, and danced until we had blisters on our feet!

Here we are with the Bride...left to right: Stacey "Goldy", Alex, Melissa "Ruby" and me "Jade".
1 comment:
So sad that I had to be -1... BUT... I love our history. And as much as I still am in awe of the intimidation factor that we supposedly instilled on those around us at Living Stones... I kind of dig it none the less. Guess when you've got it... you've got it! And we HAD it!! (Still would if we all were still living there!) :P
Love you guys! I missed being there!!
Melissa... what are your plans for October??? :)
Post a Comment