Praise God!!!!!!Let me try to tell this story in a way that brings all honor to what God has done in the past month.
Working for VSA this past year has been the most incredible job ever! Traveling to different schools, working with special needs children of all ages brought me into an understanding of life in a way I think I had forgotten about or maybe never could see until these children opened my eyes to appreciate the world around me.
My VSA job would fully end by late Spring, but I would be able to go back in the Fall. This was not a life I really wanted to continue, very unstable and seasonal was not the road I wanted to take, so the job search began awhile back.
One of my contracts through VSA was a Day Treatment Center (all I can say is high risk children attend this school). The staff saw I worked really well with the students and told me I should apply for the job opening. I prayed a lot about it knowing the many challenges that would be involved, but after much prayer believed this was the direction God was leading me in. Fast forward to RED TAPE...it was on again off again for me to be able to work with these children. Finally the answer came and it was no, I was not fully qualified. So the job hunt continued, with no avail. I hit a very low point as I wrote about in another blog entry, and as you know found God leading me back to school.
Well last week I went to finish my last art class with this Day Treatment Center, I was asked by the director if I still wanted the job, red tape had been cleared/changed and they wanted me for the job!!! So yesterday and today I have been training in order to be at work at 8:30am on Monday morning!
My friend Sarah, who has walked this out with my because she is the kids teacher told me, "isn't it interesting that this job had to fall through so you would get to a low point to then be redirect you back to school, and now the doors are open for you to work here?!". Wow God does want me in school in a very real way.
And so I now am a student and a Behavioral Management Specialist (BMS), totally God!
1 comment:
That's amazing! I love how God directs our paths, closing some doors and opening others. It doesn't always make sense at the time, but His hand really is in everything.
Post a Comment