Saturday, July 5, 2008

For my friend


About 6 years ago I met this girl at a Girls Bible study, I had met her months early at our Young Adult Bible study, but she didn't seem to happy to be there and never returned. So I was surprised to see her in this new girls study and was unsure of what to think.
God saw something neither of us could have ever imagined!
Meghan's strength carried in everything she did, her relationship with God, within her job as a NIC nurse and in her all around character. Her sarcastic wit was unlike any I had very met! Her heart and compassion brought encouragement and hope to those around her. Our friendship grow very strong, and within a few years we even became roommates.
The story that follows is too emotional and involved to even begin to put into words on this blog, but I will say Meghan become a mother of the most beautiful boy ever! His big brown eyes, little bald head, and the binky that seldom left his mouth captured the hearts and lives of all who had the privilege to meet him.

Ricky's life was very short, and even though he was only 1 year and 25 days old when he slipped from this Earth into the arms of His Father, he will always be Meg's first child.
For me the lose of this little man was pain at it's greatest. The sorrow was deep, the anger real and the healing process long.
In this time the pain was felt for Meghan in a very real way, I didn't know what to say, here she was my closest friend and her son was no longer in her arms, what am I to say to that?

Almost 3 years has past without Ricky, his memory will always stay alive! As Meghan now lives in Indiana with her husband and newborn daughter, she has shared that the memorial bench for Ricky is finally here!!!
This bench will be placed at our local hospital were Ricky spent most of his life and where Meg worked. His struggle, his pain will not be seen within the picture that will stand the test of time. The words that are engraved will bring hope to those who find rest and his story will never be forgotten!
Meghan, your love and strength will never leave my life, your son became part of my heart and I am so honored that God allowed our lives to be entwined here in Reno.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Had God given us a hint of all that was in store for us down the road that we shared in life... we would have never believed it, would we?

I love you... my wonderful dear friend.