*This is the letter I will be sending out (with a few adaptions) and wanted to post it here as well.
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. There are a lot of changes happening for me right now and I wanted you to be a part of what God is doing.
The doors opened for me to move to Reno after I returned from Kona, HI, where I had been working with Youth with a Mission (YWAM). The past 8 ½ years I have spent in Reno have been an amazing time of growth and I have had many experiences and made life long friends who will always remain part of my family.
I believe there are seasons for everything and this fall I began to sense my season in Reno was coming to an end. I fought this, as this has become my home, but I could no longer ignore the stirring within my heart. I began to seek what the Lord was doing. I’ve always had a leading to do more mission work and so I looked into the YWAM base in Salem, OR. Once I started looking, I found a school and a ministry called, Foundations of Counseling Ministry (FCM) and The Freedom Project, both targeting Human Justice issues. With prayer and wise counsel, I have made the step of faith and decided to return to YWAM in Salem, OR. I have chosen to join the Foundations of Counseling Ministry (FCM) project.
I believe there are seasons for everything and this fall I began to sense my season in Reno was coming to an end. I fought this, as this has become my home, but I could no longer ignore the stirring within my heart. I began to seek what the Lord was doing. I’ve always had a leading to do more mission work and so I looked into the YWAM base in Salem, OR. Once I started looking, I found a school and a ministry called, Foundations of Counseling Ministry (FCM) and The Freedom Project, both targeting Human Justice issues. With prayer and wise counsel, I have made the step of faith and decided to return to YWAM in Salem, OR. I have chosen to join the Foundations of Counseling Ministry (FCM) project.
FCM deals with the heart of injustices taking place here in the states and abroad. I will be attending a three month school that teaches the skills to go deeper into these issues and how to practically make an impact on those who are in bondage. The two month outreach, which follows the school, will challenge me to put my skills to work. After outreach there is an internship with The Freedom Project (Jan. 2010) that deals specifically with Human Trafficking that I’m very interested in as well.
As I take this step of faith I am seeking family and friends who are willing to prayerfully consider supporting me financially or by supporting me through prayer. I am planning on making a long term commitment to these YWAM projects and I will need to raise the financial support to carry out my training and time as a missionary in the field. I am also gathering people who desire to become faithful members of my prayer team, backing me up as I head into new territories with God.
Your donations are tax decidable and you can choose what level of involvement you believe will work best for you and your family. I want to thank you so much for reading this and for your prayerful consideration in supporting me in this commitment. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at hatshelp@yahoo.com or visit http://www.ywamsalem.org/ (School/Secondary FCM) for more information regarding the school I will be attending.
Your donations are tax decidable and you can choose what level of involvement you believe will work best for you and your family. I want to thank you so much for reading this and for your prayerful consideration in supporting me in this commitment. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at hatshelp@yahoo.com or visit http://www.ywamsalem.org/ (School/Secondary FCM) for more information regarding the school I will be attending.
In faith, Carrie E. Quail
Donation Information:
~ A one time donation of $_____
~ A mothly donation of $____, for ____ months.
~ I would like to be part of your prayer team
~ I would like to receive updates
Please Write Checks to...
Reno Vineyard Church
Memo: Carrie Quail/YWAM
Please Send Checks to:
Reno Vineyard Church
P.O. Box 18422
Reno, NV. 89511
***If you are responding to this blog, please send me a quick e-mail regarding your contributions, as I am keeping track of your gifts, thanks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment