Monday, April 27, 2009

Right here

Today was my intro to all of the other staff members here on the YWAM campus. It's a bigger base then I had realized, still smaller then the base in Kona, but there is a lot going on here.
There is always a lot of motion on YWAM bases, staff and students coming and going. Right now there are no schools going on. The Winter DTS is on outreach and will be back in a month. So even though there aren't any school running, it means other staff members are preparing for upcoming schools.
Since I came at a strange time frame I may end up doing lots of little things, it's still up in the air. It sounds like I will be doing yard work tomorrow!
I'm going to be real honest here....God has eyes and grace for things we can't see or understand. My faith has been through many different changes over the years and this journey is one of faith. I know God has called me here, and now it's time for me to surrender my thoughts and fears and just allow Him the freedom to use me in this time and in this place.
There are already so many international staff members I have met, and seeing them walk this journey out is encouraging. They have a desire to serve God and willing to be away from all forms of familiarity.
We...I get so use to my way of doing things, keeping myself in a place of safety, comfort, and independence. Now it's time for many of these areas to be shaken up. It's a time to stop and take a lot of things in and allow God His way.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so awesome that you have stepped out in faith and the unfamiliar to serve Him! (just in case you want some "home" we are only 30 minutes up I-5 in tualatin, and we would love to have you over anytime!! :)

jessica wilson
jessicawilson8@comcast.net

Meghan said...

OK so Jess just reminded me of ANOTHER good reason to try and visit you!!! I can see you BOTH!!!