There is this clear memory I have of a hot summer day 4 years ago. I went with some friends to Yuba, CA. Yuba river has these rock slides and so we went for a day of fun. Well those rock slides were not what I had imagined, they were intimidatingly high! Once you JUMPED you were stuck, you had to keep going down 4 more"slides".
I passed the first time, I just watched my friends. After a hike to the waterfall we walked by the slides again. This time as I looked I thought of all the fears I'd carried with me. I thought of faith, and how it's such an unknown, and then I heard the words "just jump". There could not be any hesitation in that moment, one wrong move out of fear would have left me scrapped up by the rocky cliff.
I sat down and just did it...took the leap I wanted to desperately make in my life as a whole, but this was just a small moment in time I was able to show to myself I was able to leap out and do what I wanted to do.
Tonight this memory came back...this journey here to YWAM as been like that of the rock slides at Yuba. It seemed fear started adding up, this time towards God. Yet, God's grace and intense love was the voice to say "just jump, I can be trusted".
Each jump is different, the depth of the pool changes...sometimes it's deep, other times it's shallow. There are smooth landings and other times bruises and deep cuts reminded me this is risky. In each moment I see it's worth it, God's massage is that of love and reconciliation and setting His people free. I want to be part of His work and not just sit on the cliff and wonder will I die or be wounded doing this? Because the answer will be yes, there will be pain, disappointment, drastic change but it's what I need to do...just jump!!!
1 comment:
Soooo good, I remember that day Carrie. Joe and I were SO proud of you, you did it - you jumped! May it be the same with God's invitation to "jump" again and again and again!
Vani
Post a Comment