Saturday, September 19, 2009

My First Outreach Team!!!


The time had finally come, I get to lead a team to *Asia for 3 months!!! It's pretty amazing and a little overwhelming.
As I'm learning more about God's strength and this journey of following Christ, it's an eye opening experience! It's not about me it's about Him...loving Him and His people. Putting others before me and going for it. Walking humbly, knowing that it has to be His strength to lead, and His joy and passion that covers me.

As staff we have been praying about Outreach locations for many months. When I first got here and heard the last DTS talk about *Asia, my heart broke. Yeah, it was God putting this nation into my heart and a longing to move forward to share the truth in who God really is.
Once I found out that *Asia was a possible outreach location for our DTS, I said I would like to lead this Outreach.
So weeks later here I am standing with 6 students and one co-leader ready to do what God has in store!!! I have the most guys on my team, which is s huge blessing. We also have tons of talent as far as music, dance and art! It's going to be good...very good!
Prayer Points
1. Team unity!!! Our names...Kristina is my co-leader from the secondary school GP and our students are: (Back row left to right) Andrew, Rachael, Jacob. (Front row left to right). Elisha, Katie and Kyle.
2. Solid contact overseas
3. Healthy Bodies
4. Financial provision for outreach
5. Staying present during the next few months....grasping onto the teachings/truth that will be tools for Outreach and life beyond these 6 months.

*Asia...for security reasons I'm not putting our location.

1 comment:

melissa said...

That's excellent news! I'm so happy for you :) I'll keep you and the team in my prayers.