
Well I am now 33!!! Not sure how or when this took place, but it's true. I totally get that time speeds up as you get older, a strange truth, but man I really can't believe how fast life is going. Life here is on a ridiculously fast pace, but it's a bit scary to think in another 10 years I will be 43!!! Sigh...

I had a great birthday...it hit me how I'm on a base with over 8o people and within 6 months they have become my close friends, and to live in community is a real blessing.

Here is my very large Birthday card from my DTS students and staff...it's good to be encouraged!!!

On Saturday we (staff and students) did the Ropes Course here on base. It was a long, wet day!!! We spilt into our Outreach teams and learned amazing skills and tools that can be used in everyday life, and carried with us overseas.
These are just a few of the things were learned:
~Trust
~Communication...communication...communication
~It's not always about ME and making sure others aren't left behind
~Transparency
~Step outside the box and take risks

Here we are, oh man we are going to have a great 3 months together!!! We have natural leaders that understand that walking in humility will get them further then walking in control and power.
No comments:
Post a Comment