Sunday, February 21, 2010

First Location on Outreach


Now that I'm back, it's wonderful to look through the pictures I took and remember all the stories that go with them...lots of pictures and lots of stories.
I will narrow things down a bit and highlight what we walked out these past 2.5 months on Outreach.




These are a few of my friends that I made, we are at a tea shop, enjoying some local tea and getting to know each other.









Here is one of the local tea shops, it is the place to go! There are all over the city, and basically they are low tables made of plastic, small plastic stools to sit on, you order tea and you talk for hours.








Fruit!!! What more do I need to say!?!











The girl to the left in the dark purple was one of my students. We had a program called Student Immersion Program, SIP for short. Our team that been assigned 3-4 students before hand and these were our "tour guides" for the 4 weeks we were there.
Each week there were 3-4 days where we were together with our SIP students, and there were planned activities and assignments that they had to carry out.
There were park days, favorite activities, Amazing Race, temple tour, and many others.
The relationships that were formed with these students was incredible, and I trust the seeds that were planted with only continue to grow from our prayers, more teams going back to this location, and with the support from the workers that are still there.

No comments: