Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Glory



I took this picture in Thailand and I named it "Glory" I then looked up the definition of the word glory, and the 5th meaning was: Majestic beauty and splendor; resplendence.

I have been back in the USA for 4.5 weeks now. It doesn't seem possible. Maybe because that first week I had just bad jet lag I couldn't see straight, or maybe it's because I've been visiting family and friends in both Washington State and Nevada. Whatever it is, time flies!
I have had the privilege to share what God did on this past mission trip with; Youth Groups, Women's Bible Study, Young Adult Groups, Churches and with family & friends. As I share I'm able to process even more what has taken place this place year, and it strengthen my own faith as I get ready to head into this next season.
I'm learning so much about God's grace, commitment, and facing life and not hiding from it. It's not easy, but it's a choice and it's good. In this new place I'm looking forward to the next season of life that I'll spend on the Salem YWAM base. I will be heading back this Sunday and will be in a department for a few months and then in the fall I'm looking forward to being a student for a few months in the Counseling School.

The other meaning of Glory are as follows...
Great honor, praise, or distinction accorded by common consent; renown... Something conferring honor or renown... A highly praiseworthy asset... Adoration, praise, and thanksgiving offered in worship...Majestic beauty and splendor; resplendence... The splendor and bliss of heaven; perfect happiness...A height of achievement, enjoyment, or prosperity:
There is glory in my heart for God/Jesus/Holy Spirit!!!

1 comment:

melissa said...

What a gorgeous photo! Glory is the perfect title for it :)