Friday, November 5, 2010

Update From DTS Outreach '09


I can't believe that this time last year I was planning an Outreach to Asia!
Time has gone by so fast and when I look back I see God in every step we took, I'm grateful.
I've been really encouraged by what God is doing in the hearts and lives of many of the DTS '09 students, and so I thought I would share a little about where my Outreach students are right now.
*Note-due to safety reasons I will not name locations of where my students plan on going.
Out of 6 students 6 are continuing in the ministry!!!
-Two of them have continued with more training here on the Salem base and after there training 1 will be headed out on the mission field and the other plans to go to college to earn a teaching degree and then will return overseas for long term work.
-Two are on staff here on the Salem base.
-One is overseas now
-One will be heading to a secondary school this winter and will be going on another Outreach after the New Year.
-Tina my co-leader who had to return back to the US for health reasons...She is staffing this Fall DTS and will be co-leading a team on Outreach in 6 weeks!
Out of our 19 students 14 of them are either back on the mission field, in secondary schools, or in college preparing to return to the mission field after they have earned there degree!
I know the other 5 are doing well and God is working in their lives just as much as the others.
It's such an honor to have been and continue to be a part of God's work in the lives of these amazing young people!!!

No comments: