Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Real Story


Just a few more days and week 5 will come to a close. Only 3 more weeks left here in Portland.
I will be real in this blog entry...the first 3 weeks were very difficult. Many factors played into the difficulty, but last week there was break through within us as a team, and this will now only allow us to continue to do the ministry we came to do.
I have been challenged in many ways the past 6 months, and really the past 5 weeks have been no different.
I'm learning about people...we are all so different, each with our own joys and sorrows. I continue to hear and see the brokenness within the lives of those we meet each week.
I continue to wrestle with my own pride, and asking God for His help each morning and trusting His grace for the many areas I struggle with.
I'm so thankful for the many prayers that my family and friends lift up for me and this Outreach!
Prayer Requests...
~ Team Unity & Our Health
~ Our Small Group
~ The Kids At The After School Program
~ Our 1 on 1 Times With People From The Church
~ Anthony (he is a leader within the church who was just given the diagnosis of stage 4 cancer. It's been a shocking experience for him and many within the church).

No comments: