Wednesday, December 26, 2007

12 days in Washington!


I had not planned on going to Washington to see my family for Christmas this year, but like I said in the other blog, my plans never seems to really turn out the way I think they should. My mom really wanted me to come up for a visit, and since my students had a vaction I too would be able to make the trip up for Christmas. I've already enjoyed the past few days and will be spending the next week with family, friends and in all honesty sleeping in!!!
I love coming to Washington and going to this park called Titlow, I know what a name. Anyway, I took the car out today to get some alone time and went for a nice cold walk down by the water and took these pictures. There is something so powerful about the ocean/sound that I seem to crave. As much as Nevada is my home I will always call myself a water girl!!!


In the picture above, you can see the Narrows Bridge, they finished the second bridge the fall of this year.
The picture to the left is just a picture of a very old dock, now being used by sea gulls.

5 comments:

melissa said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time up in Washington. Enjoy every second of it!

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm glad Meg finally wore you down ;)

Meghan said...

WOOHOO!!!

I'm SO excited you have finally decided to cross over to the blogging world!!

Can't wait to keep up with all that's going on with you! Hope your time in Washington is wonderful!!

Jessica said...

Carrie,
Hi! I feel as if I know you already, but now I can get to know you actually! I look forward to meeting you face-to-face someday soon...maybe we could all go camping??? :) -Jessica

Unknown said...

Hey Carrie,

I am so glad your getting time to relax. I love the pictures. We miss you in Reno, but so glad you got a chance to return to the water:) Enjoy the remainder of your trip and keep us updated!

Bart Saunders said...

Good to see your blog! It will be so nice to get a peek into your life... you are such a beautiful gal! Thanks for posting your paintings for all of us. I'm hoping another awesome job is right around the corner! love you- susie