So it has been two years since I graduated, and in those two years I've tried to move out of Reno a few times, with God ALWAYS closing the door and handing me something I never would have planned.After Ricky passed away, I tried working at Starbucks, let's just say I'd rather meet up with friends and enjoy a cup of joe rather then get up at 3:30AM and serve others their morning coffee! And so I ended my short lived coffee career and started working for my church in winter of '05.
This summer I started feeling restless, like something needed to change, but what? I had finally moved into my own place, no roommates for the first time in years and so what else could be changed, but my job. I started asking for wisdom, and soon I saw God's hand at work. And in October of this year I said goodbye to my job at church and hello to my job as Art Teacher for students with spacial needs!!! This job is taking my passions and mixing them together, and although it's not a full time job and in fact things change frequently, for this moment in time I have been able to walk out with only God at my side and walk into these classrooms and touch joy, see God's creation within these children and understand that there is no such thing as a mistake. The faces of the children have names that I know, but more then that the LORD knows, and when they smile and filled with a joy that oozes out I know I have found a beautiful thing!
I have tried to plan so many things in my life and somehow it turns out so incredibly different. I am learning to lay down my own expectation of myself and of others, so that I may allow God room to move. And so as this year comes to and end I really have no idea where God will take me as my job with these kids will be ending with the next 6 weeks, but I see He has this incredible way of leading and teaching me, and so I will take His hand and allow Him the lead, trusting He knows my name and has a beautiful thing in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment