Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Birthday boy's momma

Stacey and I both could not sleep last night...I have been fighting a head cold and was worried about the cake I was making for Peter, and I'm sure Stacey was awake thinking about all that needed to get done for the day ahead. And so we both found each other up and in the kitchen at 5am (had been awake since 4am). And so we silently went about what needed to be done, until the coffee kicked in and our conversation turned to many things.
Today was her son's 1st birthday, in-laws came from out of town and friends and family came to celebrate the special day. The moment that stood out for me was when Brain, Stacey and Peter were gathered around the birthday cake and everyone was singing "Happy Birthday", it hit me how fast the year had gone and this once very tiny baby was now 1 year old!
When I look back to when I first met Stacey up until this very day, I see the hand of God over her life! So many amazing changes and transformations!!! It was a joy to be here today to see all God has done and it's exciting to see all that is to come!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

We always take good pictures together. Thank you for saying that about me. This past year has been the fastest for me yet!