Wednesday, May 27, 2009

His Time

Today was my first Discipleship Training School (DTS) staff meeting. For the moment there are 4 of us. The leader of the school included. There will be more coming, but today there was the 4 of us.
As I sat on the picnic table laughing & praying with my now fellow team, it hit me...after 9 years of waiting I'm doing this, I'm staffing a DTS! I was filled with an awe that I'm not sure I can put into words. The road has been long, dry and painful. I lost hope many times and wanted to give up, but God is faithful. His plans are not mine, His time frame something I can't understand and yet His love is what is behind it all.
I am so grateful to be here, to have waited this long makes this an even sweeter place.
Our students will not come until September, but now is the time when staff starts meeting weekly to pray for our in coming students, and also begins a time to hang out to get to know each other, as we will need to draw off of each other as we lead this school. We are praying for more students and the outreach location, so please join in this prayer as God leads.
So as you continue to wait for areas in your life that have not come to pass, be encouraged...God is love and His time is perfect!!!

No comments: