Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Roof

Oh My Gosh...so this week it hit all the Outreach leaders that the weeks are flying by and we are now heading into the "hit the wall" leg of the race! Three weeks to go.
My week started out with stress, fear and doubt, but by yesterday there was a new hope and peace over my heart and mind.
Yesterday during worship one of our staff got up and shared about how we are in the stretch of the race where either you give into the tiredness, remain self focused, worry and complain OR where we dig in deep, press on, stand firm and pull together.
He talked about a piece of scripture we had learned the day before...it's the story of David and Bathsheba. This whole story is quite intriguing, but the point that my friend pointed out to us as a school, was that David was suppose to be in battle with his men, BUT he choose to stay behind and once he made his choice to stay behind it leads to so much sin and devastation...David sins, Bathsheba sins, a husband is murdered, lies cover lies, a baby dies... all of this because David chose to stay behind.
God is so rich in grace, I'm learning this more and more and He is a just God allowing us as His children to make choices.
I have a choice to walk out lies that the enemy placed in my life from years ago, and stop doing what I'm doing because it's unknown, risky, and overwhelming.
No...I know, that I know this is the call my God has asked me to walk out. I have been walking a path that leads to this moment and God says it's time to walk with these 7 young students overseas and allow our lives to be the salt and the light to His children. I'm not going to be on the roof when He as fully equipped me and 7 others to be on the battle ground!!!
PSALM 27

1 comment:

mikeyreno said...

you have a lot to carry. Don't forget, Jesus promises that his yoke is light and easy though. Cast your cares on him Carrie.