Most of you will have gotten and e-mail, phone call, or seen on Facebook what has been going on, but I have a few minutes to write, so I thought I would do so.
Outreach started out with 6 out of 8 people getting sick. Diarrhea and vomiting set in within 3 days of arrival. We never knew if it was the flu, food poisoning or bad water. Whatever the case it was a bit rough, but they did great and were willing to pull together and press through.
Tina my co-leader was the most sick, she had to be hospitalized for dehydration, what an experience going to the hospital in a 3rd world country is....never take for granted what we have in the states!!!
Ok, so this past week everyone was 100% better and starting to settle into a very busy life of ministry. Tina again become not feeling well...to shorten this up, we took her to an OBGYN and found there was a 10 cm cyst on her right ovary. The conclusion was she needed to fly to Bangkok as soon as possible to see a doctor. She and I fly out on Sat.
We left Jacob, in charge as a student leader, as well as our long term missionary. Our remaining team of 6 will finish off these next 10 days, with the a lot of help and support from these missionaries and then meet us in Bangkok on Dec. 30th.
Tina and I have now been in Bangkok for 2 days and as I write this she is in surgery! Please join us in prayer for the following...
~Peace
~Fast recovery
~The Dr. will be able to save her right ovary
~Low pain as Tina heals
~Tina may return to the US sooner the expected
~Strength
Tina will stay in the hospital a few days and then recover at the YWAM base. I'm staying with her in her room and once she returns home. I will continue to lead the Outreach alone for the last 6 weeks.
God is really teaching me that He is enough. When communication is poor and we are left to make choices, He is enough. One step at a time and learning to trust and rest in Him. What an Outreach this has been, and it's only been 3 weeks! It feels like 3 months!
Love you all very much!!!
1 comment:
Hi Carrie,
Wow! You are definitely having an impact for the kingdom as the warfare is certainly raging! Kyle told me several times what a strong person you are and he is right. Thank you for blogging and the Facebook updates, it helps so much to feel like we can have a connection to our loved ones.
Remember to take care of yourself, I worry that you'll get overly tired or exhausted from everyone leaning on you.
Love,
Janet
Post a Comment