Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve...Lisa

Yesterday we met a gal, kinda by mistake, but really it was God. Lisa is this gals name, and about 3 months ago she and her 2 kids were in a car accident here in Thailand. Lisa should have died, but she did not. Her kids made it out fine. As we started talking with her we learned that she and her family as also missionaries. They have been here 2 years and before that they often came here and did grief counseling.
Lisa still has a lot of healing that will need to take place, she can not walk along, move, or dress herself. Her speech is slurred at times and she is in constant pain. Yet, this women who can be no older then 40 has a love for God and a faith that remains in tact. She asked how she can pray for Tina and I, and to remember to live out the fruit of the Spirit each day.
Today as I sat outside and had a quiet time, I thought about Lisa and her family, how everything has changed for them, and yet they praise God and walk out this journey for Him. Again I do not always understand His ways, BUT I will declare He is God over this nation and He is great!!!
Tonight being Christmas Eve, I want to praise Him for His love and faithfulness. That I can serve a God that is alive and wants to be in a personal relationship with me. I have a hope and I have a future and in the sufferings I can choose to walk away, or I can choose to draw near to Him. This will be a Christmas Eve I will not soon forget and I choose to draw near to Him.
God continue to heal and bless Lisa!!! May your joy be made complete with her kids and her husband, may your will be made complete with all of their lives. In your name, Amen.

No comments: